Fall has arrived and camping during warm days that turn into cool nights, means eating food that will warm your body and soul! Camping is about spending time with loved ones and there is no better time to do that than over a meal. While glamping this fall, here is a vintage- inspired recipe that will have everyone drop their separate activities to gather together for a hearty Kansas City inspired treat.
The Tank 7 Beer Cheese Fondue recipe is a contemporary twist on a vintage favorite. Fondue is typically served in one pot that everyone shares together. The warm cheese mixture is the perfect bite for this time of the year. The sides for dipping include the classic bread, while modernizing the recipe by adding vegetables and grilled chicken. The vegetables provide a pop of color and a little crunch to the smooth beer cheese mixture. The presentation of the sides around the cheese provides easy access for everyone to “dig in” together. This recipe and the sides include easy make-ahead steps for the prepared camper. The fall table setting mimics the recipe’s relaxing communal atmosphere of sharing through an informal bouquet of greenery, pinecones, and an antler along with the use of vintage linens and dishes.
(Cooking Note: The glamper must be connected to gas and power to complete the recipes.)
Tank 7 Beer Cheese Fondue (Serves 8)
- 1 Bottle of Boulevard Tank 7 beer
- 8 oz Cheddar cheese
- 8 oz Swiss cheese
- 2 T Flour
- 1 t Mustard Powder
- Garlic Clover (to taste)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- ½ t Cayenne (optional)
- Pot with lid
- Cutting Board
- Wooden Spoon
- Cube or shred the cheeses. Mix the cheeses in a bowl with flour, salt, pepper, mustard powder and Cayenne (optional).
- Crush garlic and place in saucepan (or fondue pot) along with the beer and simmer over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Slowly add cheese mixture, stirring constantly until melted.
- Once all of the cheese has been added and is melted, transport to serving pot and cover with lid to keep warm.
Fondue Dipping Sides (Serves 8)
- Broccoli or other raw vegetables that are seasonal
- Grilled Chicken
- Cutting Board
- Fondue Forks
- Wash vegetables
- Cut vegetables into bite sized pieces and store in container(s).
- Slice bread into small pieces or cut bread into cubes.
- Grill chicken breasts in saucepan. Cook until done & golden brown. Cut chicken breasts into cubes or strips for easy bites.
- Place dipping sides in piles or in bowls around the fondue, dip into the cheese and enjoy!