When the weather starts getting colder, that’s when your decorations indoors have all the spotlight. Whether you are inviting family and friends over for a delicious holiday meal, playing board games by the fireplace or cozying-up with your pet while watching favorite holiday movies, make sure your home looks festive and fun, no matter the occasion.
Growing up, Ball Mason jars were always a fun way to bring nostalgia and modern style together. They are timeless and useful for just about anything with their appealing rustic look. Use them as flower vases, kitchen utensil holders or even candle decorations.
Whatever design you choose to decorate your jars, it’s sure to be a hit, no matter the season!
- Ball Mason jars (in the size of your choice)
- 1 can of spray paint (per color that you use)
- Assorted greenery
- Large sheet of plastic or cardboard
- Lettered stickers (to spell out saying)
- Burlap and/or ribbon
- Glue gun & wax stick
Note: You can save a dollar or two by recycling empty jelly or sauce jars for this version. Remove the label(s), then wash & dry thoroughly before following the directions.
- Lay the plastic or cardboard down in a well-ventilated area, then place the jars on the plastic or cardboard.
- Paint the outside of the Mason jar(s) per the paint instructions and let dry completely. A second coat of paint can be applied if needed, just repeat step #2 again.
- Plug in the glue gun (follow safety instructions).
- Cut and wrap burlap and/or ribbon around the jar as desired and secure with a thin line of hot glue at the seam.
- Add the lettered stickers to the burlap and/or ribbon to spell out your special message (I chose Joy).
- Wrap twine around the top of the jar for the look you desire.
- Place assorted greenery in the jar.
Words & Photos: Ellen Leinwetter