Gourmet Glamping – Chocolate Fudge Pie with Pecans
Warm up this winter with dessert and a hot beverage! This time of the year is when traditions are revisited and re-imagined. While glamping or at home enjoy these vintage inspired recipes that encourage the memory of traditional recipes, while bringing them new life.
The chocolate fudge pie with pecans is the perfect gooey chocolate dessert that will curb the sugar cravings and warm up the soul, while the winter weather fades into the background. The recipe is simple and requires few steps, if glamping bring a pre-made pie shell so the only thing to make is the filling! The vintage wassail recipe is an excellent warm beverage alternative to the typical choice of coffee or tea. Wassail combines seasonal flavors such as cinnamon with a few different juices, making a flavorful gulp. To add a little creativity have fun making a winter table setting! The tablescape design in the 1971 Swiss Colony camper mimics the coziness of the recipes through a warm color palette with red, and through using pinecones, vintage linens and vintage dishes.^
Chocolate Fudge Pie with Pecans
1/2 Cup chopped pecans
8 oz. dark chocolate
1/2 Cup (1 stick) unsalted butter,
cut into cubes
3/4 Cup granulated sugar
3/4 Cup packed light brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven 325
2. Place a layer of the chopped pecans on a baking sheet & bake for 3 minutes or until fragrant and lightly toasted. Set aside
3. Cube butter and add to chocolate to melt in either a double boiler over the stove or in the microwave.
Once chocolate is melted, remove from heat and whisk in sugars and salt. Next whisk in eggs, one at a time. Lastly, whisk in vanilla.
4. Spread the toasted pecans in the bottom of the pre-made pie shell. Pour mixture over pecans.
5. Bake at 325 for 55 minutes. Checking on it increments of 25 minutes.
6. Transfer to wire rack and let cool completely to room temperature before serving.
7. To store, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
2 quarts Sweet apple cider
2 Cups Pineapple Juice
1 1/2 Cups Orange Juice
3/4 Cup Lemon Juice
2 Whole cinnamon sticks
1 teaspoon whole cloves
Large pot with lid
The Gourmet Glamping team, Lauren Hedenkamp and Sarah Terranova, became fast friends in Italy. They met studying in the same art and photo program and bonded quickly over their love of art and food. Lauren’s vintage camper Ellie serves as the backdrop for Gourmet Glamping.